When you visit Bryce Resort, know that there is a group of dedicated, professional ski & snowboard patrollers working behind the scenes to ensure that you have a fun, safe experience.
The Bryce Resort Ski & Snowboard Patrol’s 35 members offer the winter sports public a combined 550 years of patrolling experience!
They are a group of volunteers and paid professionals whose primary concern is the safety of the winter sports public. Every patroller receives extensive training and instruction in advanced first aid, toboggan handling skills, and lift evacuation.
Winter Sports Responsibility Code
• Always stay in control, be able to stop or avoid other people.
• People ahead of you have the right of way.
• You must not stop where you obstruct a trail.
• Whenever starting downhill or merging onto a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
• Always use devices to prevent runaway equipment.
• Observe all posted signs and warnings, and keep off closed trails.
• Prior to loading the lift, you must know how to load, ride and unload safely
Virginia State Law
Under Virginia law, a ski area operator or other winter sports area operator is not liable for an injury or death of a winter sports participant in a winter sport conducted at this location, or for damage to property, if such injury, death or damage results from the inherent risks of the winter sport or from the participant’s own negligence.
The inherent risks of a winter sport include, among others, risks associated with the land, equipment or other participants and animals, as well as the potential for you or another participant to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to injury, death, or damage.
You are assuming the inherent risks of participating in a winter sport at this location. Complete copies of the applicable Virginia law and the participant responsibility code published by the National Ski Areas Association are available for review at each ticket sales office of the winter sports area.
Other Rules and Regulations
The operation of drones and remotely controlled aircrafts on Bryce Resort property is strictly prohibited.
Winter Sports Safety Videos
Last modified: March 8, 2021